Wednesday 12 February 2014

Performance #2

We had a bigger audience this time around; this meant that I felt a bit more pressure in this performance. I did not have as strong an emotional connection in this performance as I did previously.

Nothing went wrong and I feel as if we still had an impact on the audience but personally I don’t think I invested as much emotional power as I have done so before. I still believe that the piece we have created is very powerful.

I felt as if we were a bit disjointed emotionally as an ensemble as I don’t think everyone was “feeling it”. What surprised me the most was that the moment I felt was most poignant this time around was the ending. I felt as if we were all joined as one at this moment and I think we were are all taking into account the different elements of the performance; the lighting, the poppies falling down.


I did not feel as if I was just going through the motions but I did feel as if I could have put a lot more emotional drive behind what I was doing to take it a step further.

No comments:

Post a Comment